The Timmi Absences absence synchronisation web service syncs a user’s Timmi Absences absences with their Google Calendar in real time. When an absence is created/approved/deleted in Timmi Absences, the employee’s calendar will create/update/delete it.
Setting up the synchronization with Google Calendar?
You must authorise Lucca to access the users's calendars in the Google Workspace admin (formerly G Suite).
- Connect to the admin homepage at https://admin.google.com.
- Go to Security > API controls
- Under Domain wide delegation click on Manage Domain Wide Delegation
- On the Manage domain wide delegation page, click Add new.
- Enter the following info:
- Client ID: 81140126067-vnqh1mls69br8sc44seadjlg5qkbmej8.apps.googleusercontent.com
- OAuth Scopes: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar
- Click Authorize. That's all. The app should be available for use within an hour, but might take up to 24 hours.
What information is synchronised?
You can choose to have the absence type (annual leave, RTT, Sick, etc.) appear in the event description or not. By default, the descriptions are hidden (the event shows as ‘Absent’).
When a request is entered and is pending approval, a temporary event is created in the calendar. When the request is approved, the event is confirmed.
Absences already in Timmi Absences can be synced using the initialisation function at the bottom of the configuration page.
Simply enter a date: all absences after this date will be synced. This allows you to retrieve absences from the last month, for example.
You must choose the legal entities whose absences you want synced. This allows you to launch initialisation for only certain entities.