Before you start
Timmi Absences can interface with Slack to :
- display the day's absentees or teleworkers in your team channels
- indicate absences in the Slack statuses of employees
- send in Slack requests to be approved by managers
This help sheet describes the steps to integrate Timmi Absences with your Slack workspace.
Prerequisite: you must be an administrator of your Slack workspace.
Note: You can also do more advanced integrations using third-party tools like Zapier if you have technical skills, in which case this help sheet can be useful.
1. Connect Timmi Absences to your Slack workspace
In Timmi Absences > Settings > Integrations, identify the Slack integration and click Connect.
In the next screen, you need to allow Luccabot to post messages in your Slack space. These rights are necessary for the integration to work properly.
2. Create an integration
Once your Slack space is connected to Timmi Absences, you can create integrations.
Absentees of the day
This integration is possible with a free or paid Slack account.
This integration allows you to post the list of absentees and/or teleworkers in the channel of your choice on a daily basis. You can configure an integration for the whole company (recommended for companies with less than 50 people), or an integration by department or team for larger companies.
For each integration, you must fill in :
- The channel (private or public) in which the day's absentees will be posted (required). The channel must exist, if you want to post the absentees in a dedicated channel you must first create it in Slack.
Attention: if you want to post the absentees in a private channel, it is necessary to add LuccaBot to the channel in question (command / then Add an application).
- The establishment(s) and/or department(s) concerned (by default all employees are taken into account).
- The type of event to be taken into account: absences and or telework (for telework, make sure that the account used has the Telework parameter checked).
- The language of the messages.
- The time the message is sent in Slack.
- The frequency (weekdays or 7 days a week).
After creating the integration, you can test it. This will send a message in Slack with the absent people of the day, without waiting for the next day.
It is also possible to deactivate an integration without deleting it using the switch on the left.
Synchronization of statuses
This integration requires a paid Slack account. The person creating the integration must be an administrator on the company's Slack. Be aware that the key to the match is the email address.
This integration allows you to synchronize the Slack status of employees with their absences.
The confidentiality of the absences is well preserved, the message is generic as on the image above whatever the type of absence. Only telecommuting has a different message with the 🏠 emoji.
The status is updated 30 minutes before the start of the day or half day (default 7:30am - the start of the day is defined by the ICS Event Schedule setting in Setup > Preferences > Settings > Advanced Settings).
For this integration, you must fill in:
- The institution(s) and/or department(s) involved (by default all employees are taken into account).
- The language of the messages.
- The time zone used to identify the synchronization times.
- Whether or not teleworking employees are taken into account.
It is also possible to deactivate an integration without deleting it by using the switch on the left.
Approval in Slack
This integration allows you to notify managers directly in Slack when they have a request to approve.
For this integration, you need to fill in:
- The relevant location(s) and/or department(s) (by default all employees are taken into account).
Managers will then receive all notifications in Slack when a request is made by a collaborator. Employees who make requests will not receive any notifications in Slack.
Managers can individually disable notifications in Slack from the Approval module at the bottom of the request list.
It is not yet possible to disable email notifications.
Is it possible to post absentees in a private channel?
Yes, but in this case you have to add LuccaBot to the channel in question (command / then Add an application).
Can I change the name or the image of the bot ?
No, this information cannot be modified.
What are the languages proposed?
For the moment, we offer French, English and Spanish. If you want another language, you can ask Lucca support via the form at the top of the page, and we will consider the request.