If you have accrual regularisation rules in payroll in accordance with certain absences, you can enter them in the ‘Adjust’ module in Figgo.
Be advised, however, that some rules are not customisable (rules that apply to seniority, multi-criteria proration, etc.). Figgo will also suggest you compare Figgo and payroll counters in order to regularise Figgo counters with those calculated via payroll.
The module lets you compare:
- accrual: comparison of the total accrual on a Figgo account with payroll accrual (we recommend you use: Figgo to manage absences, payroll to manage accrual);
- balances: comparison of Figgo balances with payroll balances.
How to compare entitlements with payroll
In Figgo > Credit/debit > Compare with payroll, you can access this module and choose whether you want to compare the accrual or balances.
Comparing values: accrual or balance?
Comparing entitlements earned
Accruals are compared to regularise entitlements earned by employees and calculated at the end of the pay period or, more precisely, after leave and absences are exported from Figgo and imported into payroll. Therefore, it is necessary to tell Figgo what pay period to examine (generally, to compare entitlements on the 5th day of the month, you would compare entitlements earned as of the 31st of the previous month).
Click Browse to select your file or drag and drop it directly into the box.
For an accrual comparison, you must indicate:
- the accrual reference date: usually the last day of the month of the last pay period.
- what entry types to consider in Figgo (optional): all general ledger codes corresponding to accruals are taken into consideration by default, but you can configure this if needed (and only if you know what you are doing).
After clicking on Compare, Figgo will display the line-by-line comparison with any errors or warnings, if applicable.
Balance comparisons are only relevant if all absences exported by Figgo were properly integrated into payroll: otherwise, the balances calculated in payroll may not have taken into consideration absences recorded in Figgo but not yet exported. Therefore,
To compare balances, you must specify:
- the period and date of Figgo’s last reference payroll export: in order to compare balances accurately, Figgo must know which absences were exported to payroll. Therefore, it will refer to the payroll export records.
You can use either CSV or Excel (.xlsx) file formats.
Users can be identified either by their legal entity and employee number or by their login name. One of the two methods is mandatory.
The file must include the following columns:
- Legal entity (if identifying by LE/Emp. no.): legal entity’s name or code
- Employee number (if identifying by LE/Emp. no.): employee’s payroll number
- Login (if identifying by login name): the employee’s login name
- Last name
- First name
- Account no. 1
- Account no. 2
- Account no. 3
The file must include at least one account column. The possible number of accounts is unlimited.
If you use exact account names, they will be recognised automatically. Otherwise, they will have to be matched up manually.
Example of a file with identification by legal entity and employee number:
Example of a file with identification by login name:
After you click on ‘Compare’, Figgo displays the line-by-line comparison with any errors or warnings, if applicable.
If you notice a discrepancy, a click of the mouse will adjust the Figgo counters.
Possible warnings (non-blocking):
- The employee’s name does not match their employee number or login name: this line should be verified as this may be caused by an error in the employee number or login name.
Possible errors (blocking):
- The account is not recognised: the name of one or more accounts was not recognised, so the account(s) must be selected manually.
- The employee number does not exist or is incorrect
- The legal entity does not exist or is incorrect
- The login name does not exist or is incorrect
- Duplicate lines (two lines concerning the same employee)
- A value was entered for an employee on an account to which they do not have access (the account entered is not part of the regulation for the employee’s legal entity)
- A value was entered for an employee for whom the importing administrator does not have access rights (legal entity missing from their role or employee not included in the scope of the administrator’s comparison rights)
For each Figgo line you will see:
- the value in the file
- the value in Figgo
- the suggested adjustment (value in the file - value in Figgo)
You can then download the table (the 3 columns above) or save the adjustments in Figgo.
Important: if you compare an accrual for the current month before the last day of the month and you save the adjustments, Figgo will then not trigger the accrual for this month. The adjustment will replace the Figgo credit.
All adjustments to entitlements made using the Compare with payroll module are visible in the records, which can be accessed from the module’s main page.