You will learn here how to create a new project or how to modify the information of an existing one.
Create a new projet
To create a new project, click on New project in Timmi Projects > Projects, and enter the project informations in the creation tab:
- Select the client in the list. If it is a new client, click on "+" to create the client.
- Give a name and code to the project.
- Select the project lead.
- Select the billing mode: non-billable, fixed price or time & materials.
- The list "Itemize by" enables you to choose the level of detail of financial informations: project, task or team member.
- For a fixed price project, enter the selling price and the initial budget of each item at the level chosen: project in the Project tab, task in the Tasks tab, or team member in the Team tab. The initial cost budget can be automatically calculated given the initial time budget and the appropriate rate (team member rate in case of detail by team member and individual rate, or rate by default of the configuration).
- For a time & materials project, enter the bill rate, the dates and the planned duration.
- For a non-billable project, you can enter a budget, or choose "No budget".
- Enter the start date and end date of the project.
If needed, add tasks in the Tasks tab, and team members in the Team tab.
Once the project is correctly configured, you can launch it by clicking on the "Launch" button :
While a project is not launched, it is considered as a draft. You can resume work on a draft and launch it by clicking on the arrow at the right of New project and selecting From a draft.
Edit an existing project
It is possible to change the initial data of the project by clicking on the project and then on Edit:
You can then edit the initial data in the project edition form:
Edit the budget of an existing project
There is a difference between modifying the initial value or the revised value of the budget. The initial value is the baseline, the estimation made before the launch of the project, that was used to estimate the selling price. The revised value expresses the evolution of this estimation during the life of the project.
Edit the initial budget
To edit the initial budget of a project, click on the project, then on Edit:
Then edit the initial budget in the edition view. You will find the initial budget in the part corresponding to the financial detail of the project : Billing, Tasks, or Resources. For a project detailed by resource, click on the resource in order to edit its initial budget:
Edit the cost to complete
To update the revised value of the budget, you will need to update the cost to complete.
Click on your project. It will open the update view. Click on the cost to complete component:
In the opening window, enter the number of days / hours needed to complete the project.
By default, the estimate to complete displayed is the budget left (difference between the budget revised value and the costs entered to this date).