You can allocate one-time or regular advances to your employees with Cleemy. Users who have received an advance for an expense will automatically have this amount withheld from their next expense report reimbursement.
Cleemy takes the reins by calculating the amounts to be paid and by generating the associated accounting entries. For a detailed explanation of the accounting features of advances with Cleemy, please visit the accounting entries support page.
Cleemy groups accounts by legal entity. It is possible for an employee to have an advance account in each entity of your company. In fact, the employees in one entity can be moved to another subsidiary.
It is therefore important to ensure that employee advance accounts are balanced in their original subsidiary once they declare previous expenses to their current position. Their new expenses, which are charged to the account of their new subsidiary, cannot be used to adjust or balance their advance in their former entity.
Description of the consultation and advance allocations module
Users with permission to “Manage advances” can access the tab which allows them to consult one-time and regular advance accounts as well as an advance entry processing form.
Like all roles in Lucca, a user’s permission to manage advances can be restricted by legal entity, department or by specific users.
The arrangement of the advances management interface is the following (from left to right and from top to bottom):
- A filter bar allows legal entities to be selected in order to view their accounts.
- Two tabs allow the user to move between regular and one-time advance accounts.
- A list of employee advance accounts.
- Activity details about a selected account on the list.
Processing an advance entry
The “Process an entry” button opens a form where you can process an entry by filling out:
- The legal entity in which the entry will be processed. By default, this field is filled out with the entity that you are currently consulting, and a message will notify you if the employee does not belong to the selected entity.
- Two lines to indicate the accounts to be moved and to enter amounts (the amount of compensation is automatically entered).
- A comment which will be included in the notification email to the user receiving the advance and in the account’s history.
- The posting date.
If you approve an entry with incorrect amounts, it is not possible to cancel it if notifications are sent in real time. You will have to cancel this entry in order to correct account balances.
When an entry is processed, the affected employee receives a notification. Comments allow you to, for example, detail how funds will be received. Also, in the case of an advance reimbursement (i.e. the employee returns funds in cash, performs a bank transfer or a salary deduction is performed), the employee will not be caught off guard.
Consulting advance accounts
By default, Cleemy lists unbalanced advance accounts from the legal entity selected through the filters.
You can display advance accounts that are balanced by checking the box under the legal entity filter. It is also possible to display the advance accounts of specific employees whether they are balanced or not.
The list of accounts can be classified according to employee name, the most recent date of activity or the account balance by clicking the column headers.
By clicking on an account, you will display the activity history of the account. An alert will inform you if the employee no longer belongs to the legal entity attached to the account.
One-time and regular advance accounts function in the same manner.
The user’s experience
An employee whose regular advance account is overdrawn will be informed of the amount that will be deducted from their reimbursement upon declaring an expense report.
Expense reports that include an advance imputation will indicate the amount deducted from the reimbursement as well as the expense report’s total at the bottom of the list of expenses.
In the case of an expense report being modified by the employee after its declaration, Cleemy will automatically adjust the amount of the advance imputation if necessary.
In the “Expense reports” tab, employees also have real-time access to the balance of their advance account.
Employees receive notifications when the following events take place:
- An advance is granted to them, whether it’s a one-time or regular advance.
- The reimbursement of an advance that is not linked to an expense report declaration (payroll deduction, funds returned, etc.)
- The refusal of an expense along with the possibility of a subsequent adjustment of the related advance imputation.
- Payment: the deducted advance amount is cited.