Cleemy efficiently manages payments of expense reports while adapting to your company’s procedures:
- You have the power to a full control over the payment of expenses.
- Need to make a modification to a paid expense report? Cleemy deletters it and regularizes the difference in the next payment.
- Generate SEPA files, CSV listings or combine payments and accounting exports.
- Payment histories allow you to look up what you paid each employee in case of doubt.
- Export payment entries in your accounting software if needed.
However, Cleemy does not directly send transfer orders to your bank. Instead, you provide the files and accounting entries that will allow you to automate them.
Payment - the last step of processing an expense report
While being processed in Cleemy, an expense report will have different statuses: declared, approved, approved & controlled, payment pending, and paid.
The last two statuses can be triggered in two ways:
- Manually from the payment module. You can also generate SEPA transfer orders or CSV files that list the amounts to be paid to each employee.
- Automatically through the expense report accounting entries. In this case, you cannot use the payment module directly. Instead, Cleemy will automatically operate it using the expense reports that you have exported.
An expense report will gain a “payment pending” status when its payment is triggered in Cleemy. The length of time that it will have this status before moving to “paid” depends on your configuration or on the date that you have manually chosen at the time of payment.
The modification of an expense report after it has been paid
Cleemy manages expense reports through temporary accounting entries. An expense report modified after payment is not reversed. Instead, its accounting entry is modified directly.
Therefore, when you display entries associated with a payment in the history tab, the amount of an expense report is what it currently is, not what it was at the time of payment.
This does not pose a problem concerning the integrity of the amounts to be paid calculated by Cleemy: the payment module letters the lines from internal accounts in Cleemy and deletters them upon to the slightest modification to the amount.
After a modification, expense reports will retain the “paid” status. In the majority of cases, it is a just question of correcting an incorrect expense or the refusal of an expense. The bulk of the expense report will be paid by default even if a regularization will occur in the next payment.
Cleemy is able to export payment accounting entries
If your accounting export format contains models of lines for payments, Cleemy will export the payment accounting entries if the export operations filter includes payment journals.
The export of payment lines is optional. For example, it is not useful if you have a banking communication software that automatically sends its entries at the time of a transfer.
You must also configure the payment account in your general accounting plan.
Once exported to accounting, a payment can no longer be cancelled unless the accounting export that contained it is also cancelled.
If your export format does not include payment entries, Cleemy will create them in its internal accounting in order to consider (through delettering) possible modifications of an expense report that has already been paid.