Cleemy’s export of the accounting entries module allows you to generate entry files in your payroll software or ERP format from the expense reports declared by your employees.
What you will find in the export module:
- Filters that allow you to select the entries to be included in the export.
- An overview, which takes the form of an accounting balance and a list of entries, of what will be exported. All you have to do is click the arrows to the left of the lines on the balance in order to display the credits and debits of each account.
- A tab to access your export history.
- A button to create a new export using the filtered data.
Which entries can be exported?
Cleemy’s accounting export module exclusively exports expense reports that are both approved and controlled and that have not already been exported.
There is therefore no risk of generating duplicate entries using Cleemy or of exporting expense reports that have not passed through each step of your expense management process.
An automatically approved expense report, which may occur when a user is his or her own manager or when an approval process does not exist, is considered to be approved.
Each expense report has a type: company card or employee. The two types are able to be exported to accounting.
Also, if you use Cleemy’s payment module, it is different from the accounting export module - an expense report’s entries can be exported whether they have been paid or not. Similarly, an already exported expense report can be paid at a later time.
An exported expense report cannot be modified
Once exported, an expense report can no longer be modified. This guarantees that you won’t have to worry about discrepancies between the data found in Cleemy and in accounting.
If you notice that an exported expense report contains errors, you can take one of the following steps:
- create a new expense report under the name of the declarer with expenses of negative amounts which will be credited to expense accounts. This action will cause a reverse journal entry in Cleemy.
- cancel all entries imported into your accounts from the export that contained the expense report which needs to be corrected, then cancel the export in Cleemy in order to allow the expense report to be modifiable once again.
Is it possible to filter entries that we do not wish to export at this time?
Of course! Several filters are available:
- Legal entity: the accounts of each of your entities are grouped together in Cleemy. You must therefore export entries entity by entity. An entry is associated with an entity once it’s declared; an employee’s expenses, which were transferred after the declaration of their expense report, will be attached to its former legal entity.
- Department: this filter allows you to control the entries to be exported according to the declarer's department. Please note that this refers to the department of accounting entries, not to the one to which the declarer currently belongs.
- Three date filters: they allow you to exclude expense reports that have already been declared, approved or controlled after a specific date. You can also, for example, decide to not include in accounting expenses that were declared late.
- A filter concerning the kinds of operations to export: this is particularly practical if you wish to distinguish between company cards (i.e. charged to a treasury/bank account) and expense reports to be reimbursed to employees (i.e. charged to their expense account).
Which file format is compatible for entries?
Each legal entity can have its own export format. It should be a model composed of rows and columns which indicate to Cleemy how it should create the file. This file will be incorporated into your accounting software using the information from expense reports and from your accounting plan.
The configuration of these export formats is explained in its own dedicated support page.
What happens after I click “export”?
You will first have to indicate to Cleemy the posting date it must use for the entries to be exported.
By default, the posting dates are entered in Cleemy on the date of their declaration. Nevertheless, when you start creating an export, you can decide to replace the posting date of exported entries with a date of your choice.
The export will then begin. After a few seconds, a success message will allow you to download your entries.
Can I consult my previous exports?
Of course! You can even view them in detail (balance, list of expense reports and breakdown by type of operation) and download your entries files once again.
All of this is available in the “History” tab in the accounting export module.
You can also cancel an accounting export using this interface.
Please note that all entries that were included in the export will become modifiable once again and can be exported again.
It is therefore not recommended to cancel an export that you have already sent to your accounting software!
How can accounting exports be automated?
Cleemy offers a web service which allows for exports to be triggered automatically from your information system in order to spare you the tedious task of performing manual export manipulations.
If this feature interests you, your IT department can tell you with the help of this page, if your information system is able to communicate with Cleemy.