You can use Cleemy’s mobile app for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets to submit your expenses while on a business trip.
Using the mobile app, you can enter all expenses and submit your expense report. It syncs with the web app, so you can enter expenses on your mobile and edit them on your computer or vice versa.
Mobile app features
The Cleemy mobile app is for end users and travels with them on all their business trips.
- Take a picture of a receipt: Cleemy will attempt to read it and convert it into an expense automatically.
- Create GPS coordinates or enter addresses to quickly submit your mileage expenses
- Retrieve expenses imported from your business credit card on your mobile (using Budget Insight or Anytime)
- Add guests, apply analytical axes, write comments, etc., just like on the computer version of Cleemy.
- Are you on a business trip but have no Internet access? You can still create expenses and submit them later when you are online again.
Logging in to the mobile app
The first time you sign in, the mobile app will show you a quick presentation before taking you to an interface where you can enter an email address. When this is done, you can choose between two login methods:
- Retrieving an authentication link by email
- Entering your password
The ‘Log in’ option is easiest: when you tap this button, a message is sent to your work email account. This email message contains a button you can use to connect your Cleemy user account to your smartphone.
If you cannot access your work emails on your mobile phone and you do not know your password, you can log in using a 6-digit code.
In any case, your mobile app will keep you signed in as long as you use it regularly. After two months of non-use, you will have to re-authenticate yourself.
Important: for training or demo accounts, you must log in using a 6-digit code.
Logging in using a 6-digit code
An alternate login method involves entering an authentication code that you can retrieve from your Cleemy user account using a computer or your smartphone’s browser. You only need to do this once.
- Log in to Cleemy using your Internet browser to get the authentication code.
- At the top right of the interface, in the navigation bar, you will see your photo or initials: click on this and select ‘My account’.
- Your user preferences appear. In the ‘Login information’ section there is a button you can use to generate a mobile authentication code. When you click on it, a 6-digit code appears. It will be valid for 15 minutes.
- Launch the mobile app and tap the ‘Get an authentication code’ link. You will be taken to a page where you can enter your code.
- (If your company has multiple Cleemy instances) Use the list to choose the Cleemy profile you normally use.
- And you’re done! You can now use your mobile app.
- Important: for security reasons, you will be logged out every 2 months.
How to improve recognition of receipts
Image quality is essential: take pictures in a well lit area, place your receipt on an even surface (your desk or the restaurant table are perfect) and check that your mobile is focusing on it properly (the text must be clear).
The recognition algorithms learn from their mistakes: if you use this tool frequently, you will find the number of expenses automatically created will increase with use. Handwritten receipts are not supported.
Deleting an expense
From the list of expenses, tap the thumbnails for expenses you want to delete. A ‘Delete selected expenses’ button appears at the bottom of your screen. Simply tap the link and confirm deletion.
You can also delete an expense from the expense’s details page by tapping the waste bin at the top right of your mobile’s screen.
Syncing your expenses
Normally, your expenses sync automatically with Cleemy gradually as you enter them.
If you are offline for a time, some expenses may have a symbol on them that looks like an arrow circling back on itself. To sync them, swipe down on the screen to immediately start synchronisation.
Submitting your expense report
If you already have expenses and at least one of them is valid, the ‘Submit my expense report’ option appears when you tap the ’+’ button on the welcome screen. By tapping this button, you submit an expense report that includes all the valid expenses created.
You can choose to not submit all expenses that you entered. Simply tap the thumbnails of expenses you want to submit. Invalid or unsynced expenses cannot be submitted. You will first have to correct them or sync them.
When you tap the ‘Submit my expense report’ button, Cleemy prepares your expenses and sends you to a screen where you can edit the title of your expense report.
If you have multiple payment methods, like a company card, multiple expense reports may be created: tap on the ‘Show details’ bar to see what they contain and to edit their titles.
Updating Cleemy’s configuration on your mobile
Cleemy’s configuration updates automatically every 7 days so that you can access all of your company’s applicable expense natures and settings.
If an expense nature is missing or if Cleemy’s configuration on your mobile is different from the configuration on your computer, you can update the app using the ‘Update configuration’ menu option in the mobile app. To close the menu, tap the Lucca icon at the top left of the screen.