Before you get started
The departments in Lucca are used to build a sub-population tree structure which will be used in different places in Lucca, e.g.:
- to create reports on the different programs
- to make adjustments or impose absences on Timmi Absences
- to manage application permissions using the roles, etc.
The departments are independent of the establishments, they can be used to create a cross-functional view of employees spread across different companies or countries, e.g. marketing department employees.
Go to the department management module
Departments are configured using the cogwheel at the top right of the screen, by choosing the "departments" tab.
Creating a department
Once on the department administration interface, you can create a department by clicking on "New department".
The requested information is as follows:
- short code, which is useful mainly for importing user data and for reporting this information in exports
- manager, if it has one
- parent department (tree structure) which defines its place in the tree structure and therefore its level
Change the position of a department in the tree structure
You can reorganize your structure into departments by dragging and dropping on a department in the tree structure in the left pane of the interface. If you move a department that contains children, they will be moved with it.
Change a department's name, manager or short code
To do this, you must:
- Click on the department to be modified in the left pane (1)
- Then click on "Edit" at the top right of the right pane (2)
You can then make the required changes to the name, code, parent and manager of the department:
The Deleting a department and transferring the linked employees help sheet will guide you through the different processes.