Cleemy can perform daily imports of bank transactions from employees with business or company cards. Cleemy automatically creates expenses, and all that is left for the user to do is complete them in order for them to be integrated into the expense report.
We offer this service in partnership with Budget Insight which specializes in banking aggregation.
This service also allows fuel card transactions (Total GR) to be integrated.
Operating principles of the banking aggregation service
The service establishes secure connections with banks via banking interfaces. This requires the administrator to provide his or her banking identifier (i.e. the login and password of his or her online bank or the administrative platform of his or her fleet of cards) in a secure interface operated by our partner Budget Insight.
A banking interface may include several accounts or banking cards: Cleemy is able to retrieve transactions from both. We do not differentiate between these terms throughout the rest of the document. Administrators choose the cards to share with Cleemy.
Each bank card is attached to a user. The transactions made using this card are converted to Cleemy expenses as soon as they are retrieved via a secure connection (usually the day after the transaction). A single user can have several cards synched with Cleemy.
Each account can be configured to indicate if imported expenses are expenses to be reimbursed to the employee (charged in accounting to the employee’s third party account) or are of the company type (generally charged to a bank account).
A few details to understand:
- The synchronization is performed daily, but the time may change daily due to server load management.
- If a synchronization fails, it will be retried later, but expenses will not be lost. The system was designed to handle such situations.
- If the account has not been be linked to a user upon synchronization, the expenses are saved and will be created later once the account has been attached to a user.
- Expenses will begin to be imported the day after the activation of a banking connection. Upon the first synchronization, all transactions that have taken place since the beginning of the month will be imported.
- Cleemy can be synchronized with several banks (i.e. banking interfaces) if your fleet of cards are not associated with the same provider.
- In a company, each entity can have their own banking interfaces in separate lists. However, we bill the group’s consumption at the same time.
How can I configure the service?
In order to configure banking interfaces, you must visit the “Configuration of expense imports” page in the “Configuration” tab.
Once you have selected the legal entity for which you would like to import accounts, click on the “add a banking interface” link.
This will redirect to a page run by Budget Insight:
There, you can choose your bank and enter your username and password. Be sure to enter the name of the company card service that you use, not that of the issuing bank. For example, Sogécarte Net is the fleet of employee debit cards service offered by Société Générale.
Once your login has been authenticated, you will be directed to a page that lists your accounts and cards. Select those that you would like to share with Cleemy and confirm.
You will then be redirected to Cleemy. The accounts that you have just shared will be listed, and all that is left for you to do is to attach them to users. Then indicate if each account is a company account (i.e. the expenses must not be reimbursed to the employee) or an employee account.
Starting the next day, expenses will begin to be imported daily.
You can visualize the import activity by browsing card history.
It is possible to add or delete accounts after the fact to/from an interface by clicking the “add accounts” link or the “trash” icon.
The list of available banks is always growing. Please contact our support team if your bank is not supported by the service.
As of August 1, 2016 the following banks and services are available:
- American Express
- Banque Populaire
- BNP Paribas
- BNP Paribas Cartes Entreprises
- Caisse d'Epargne
- Caisse d'Epargne Global Affaires
- Crédit Agricole
- Crédit du Nord
- Crédit Mutuel
- Crédit Mutuel Cadrol
- Hello Bank
- Société Générale
- Sogécarte Net
- Total GR
Online support page for the Cleemy expense report management solution.