Cleemy allows your employees to add guests from outside the company to their expenses. These guests are saved in a database that you can complete and manage from external files (for example, from your CRM).
This allows you to not only edit reports in order to evaluate the costs linked to meetings with your clients and partners, but to also easily justify to URSSAF the occupational nature of your employees’ expenses. This eliminates the risk of reclassifying benefits in kind. For companies in the medical sector, these reports also allow you to satisfy the demands of the Bertrand law/Sunshine Act.
Adding guests from outside the company
Adding an existing contact
For every “Meals and guests” expense type, it is possible to allow users to add guests from outside the company. Any of your employees can add an already declared contact to a past expense by entering a piece of information relevant to the contact in the “Guests from outside the company” field: their name, company, etc. As the declarer types, Cleemy filters the possible contacts.
Creating a new contact
It is possible to add new contacts at the same time as a declaration by clicking the link that appears when a user starts to enter text in the search field and it recognizes that the contact does not already exist. The user must then complete all mandatory fields.
Only employees who have permission to “Create new contacts during the declaration of an expense” in their role can enter new guests.
Alerts and ceilings
When an expense is subject to a ceiling or an alert, the threshold of this control can be adjusted when a guest is added. The control is performed on the average amount by guest.
Managing contact lists
Configuring contact information
This can be done in the “Configuration” tab under the “Contact fields” section.
It is possible to create up to 20 custom fields for each contact: last name, first name, address, etc.
The contact fields function in a similar manner as the custom fields except for a few differences:
- The Visible option allows you to dictate if the field will be displayed when adding a guest to an expense.
- It is possible to create lists of values that will present themselves as a drop down menu when a contact is being created. The elements of the list have two attributes:
- The value is multilingual, it’s what will appear to the user when entering the contact.
- The key will only appear in the guests from outside the company report. In most cases, all you have to do is make sure the key and the value match.
Exporting already existing contacts
This can be done in the “Configuration” tab under the “Managing contact lists” section. Cleemy allows all the contacts in your database to be exported in CSV format (compatible with Excel).
This file contains the following columns:
- The contact’s identifier: Cleemy gives each contact a unique ID number which will allow you to update the contact during future imports.
- A field for each piece of information concerning the contact that you have configured whether it is mandatory, visible, or neither.
- A “replaceby” column allows you to merge duplicate entries.
Importing a contact file
To import contacts, you must provide a file to Cleemy that follows the same structure as the exported files. This allows you to:
- Create new contacts: complete mandatory fields but leave the “ID” field empty. Unless an identical contact is already present in the database, Cleemy will create it during the import.
- Update a contact: simply replace the fields to update in the contact line, just keeping the “ID” to identify the contact.
- Delete duplicates. For example, if contact #3 is actually the same person as contact #1, you can merge them by signaling 1 in the “replaceby” column in the line of contact #3. All the expenses that contact #3 had been involved with will be moved to contact #1 and contact #3 will be deleted.
- Please note that the information of contact #3 will not be recopied to contact #1. You must update the information of contact #1 in its line if necessary.
- If contact #1 and #3 have both been involved with the same expense, it is not possible to merge them. Cleemy will return an update error.
The “Guests from outside the company” report allows a list to be generated of expenses that your contacts were involved with during a given period of time. For each guest there is a line, and each line will have the following information:
- All the information fields of the contact
- The amount of the expense
- Its date
- The number of guests
- The average amount per guest
This report is exportable in CSV so that you can reprocess it in Excel.