On this page, you will learn how to apply a debit or credit to an employee on one or several accounts.
If you want to credit an employee with TOIL because they worked a day they would normally have off, it would be better to follow the instructions on this help page.
To add leave to or delete leave from a specific employee
- Go to Credit/debit > Employee
- In Employee, indicate the employee in question (in the drop-down list, you will find everyone in the company)
- In Type of entitlement, select the account to be credited or debited (drop-down list)
- Enter a Comment for the operation (text field—we suggest you enter the reason for the procedure)
- In Credit, enter the number of days (or hours, depending on the unit for the account selected) that you want to add to the employee. To delete days, simply enter a negative number. For example, to credit 5 days, enter ‘5’; to debit 5 days, enter ‘-5’.
- Change the accounting entry date if desired (by default, it is today’s date)
- Click Save.
To change the balance for a group of employees, please visit the dedicated help page.